We are recruiting a Research Manager to join our team in San Fernando de Henares, Madrid.
Research plays a vital role in informing ELT’s business decisions by representing the voice of the customer. As a new member of a growing, international team you will
have the opportunity to shape the approach to Research first-hand, liaising with Marketing and Publishing colleagues in Spain and in the UK. This is a Spain-based role, but
global in its outlook; some of the projects will be specifically aimed at supporting OUPE’s strategy, but all research efforts in Spain will be aligned with and support the
global ELT divisional strategy.
In ELT every project is different; one day you might be informing the content and structure of one of our key titles, the other you might be sitting in a classroom
observing teachers ‘in action’. The opportunities to think creatively and make a real impact with real learners are limitless!
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage research projects through the Oxford English Learning Exchange (research panel), fostering best practice and a globally standardised approach to research
- Play a key role in establishing a respected and authoritative local research team that acts as a true partner to key stakeholders in the division by advising on the best
- Work closely with the Central research team to collate, plan and manage the research pipeline ensuring deadlines are met and reports are ‘client-ready’
- Disseminate research results through the Research Hub, Yammer posts, lunch & learn sessions and debriefs. This includes sharing results from research conducted globally
that has important implications for the Spanish market. Promote the Research Hub as a key resource for stakeholders in the business
- Spot market trends worth investigating and recommend further research that can benefit OUPE and the whole division
- Manage and conduct various quantitative and qualitative research projects with the support of the Senior Research Executive, Spain
- Gathers competitor intelligence and news on Spain Educational reforms from publicly available sources in a clear and methodical manner. Compile results into a monthly
- Proactively identify opportunities to broaden the OUPE Research team’s reach and market knowledge by attending conferences, forging relationships with key educational
influencers and opinion leaders, exploring ways of targeting new audiences (e.g. students and parents)
- Review existing research processes and proactively look for ways of improving them. Manage the OUPE research budget to ensure research is run efficiently and on budget.
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of market research methods acquired through working for a market research agency/consultancy or client-side as part of the organisation’s consumer insight team
- Experience working independently on multiple projects across the full project lifecycle
- An ability to work on own initiative, assessing priorities and work load appropriately, with no need for day-to-day supervision
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish. If Spanish native speaker, we will require a C1 English level. If English native speaker, we will require a B2
- Interpersonal skills – strong ability to interact with a variety of people from different cultures and enable them to work collaboratively
- A strong ‘can do’ attitude and ability to think outside the box to solve problems
- High level of attention to detail and computer literacy
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
An understanding of or interest in the ELT/educational market is desirable.
The last day to apply to this position is 28th of May.
Interested applicants should submit their CV quoting reference to: email@example.com