We are recruiting a Research Executive to join our team in San Fernando de Henares, Madrid.
Research plays a vital role in informing ELT’s business decisions by representing the voice of the customer. As a new member of a growing, international team you will
have the opportunity to shape the approach to Research first-hand, liaising with Marketing and Publishing colleagues in Spain and in the UK. This is a Spain-based role, but
global in its outlook; some of the projects will be specifically aimed at supporting OUPE’s strategy, but all research efforts in Spain will be aligned with and support the
global ELT divisional strategy.
In ELT every project is different; one day you might be informing the content and structure of one of our key titles, the other you might be sitting in a classroom
observing teachers ‘in action’. The opportunities to think creatively and make a real impact with real learners are limitless!
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct research projects through the Oxford English Learning Exchange (research panel), fostering best practice and a globally standardised approach to research
- Play a key role in establishing a respected and authoritative local research team that acts as a true partner to key stakeholders and functions in the division
- Disseminate research results through the Research Hub, Yammer posts, lunch & learn sessions and debriefs. This includes sharing results from research conducted globally
that has important implications for the Spanish market. Promote the Research Hub as a key resource for stakeholders in the business
- Conduct small-scale quantitative research projects by; drafting research questions, setting up surveys using online programming tools and generating coherent and
accurate reports at the end of each project
- Conduct small-scale qualitative research projects by drafting discussion points, recruiting participants, scheduling interviews and summarising results at the end of each
- Gathers competitor intelligence and news on Spain Educational reforms from publicly available sources in a clear and methodical manner. Compile results into a monthly
Market Bulletin or in ad hoc reports as needed
- Support the Research Manager, Spain in proactively identifying opportunities to broaden your research reach and market knowledge by attending conferences, forging
relationships with key educational influencers and opinion leaders, exploring ways of targeting new audiences (e.g. students and parents)
- Be responsible for ‘project housekeeping’; keeping project folders in order, ensuring all paperwork is done and saved in the correct location, keeping track of project
timings and changes to key documents – i.e. incentive paperwork, questionnaire versions and report drafts
Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish (C1 level or equivalent)- The candidate will be required to moderate focus groups with respondents in Spanish
- High level of attention to detail and computer literacy
- An ability to work on own initiative, assessing priorities and work load appropriately, with little need for day-to-day supervision
- A strong ‘can do’ attitude and ability to think outside the box to solve problems
- Interpersonal skills – strong ability to interact with a variety of people from different cultures and enable them to work collaboratively
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- A keen interest in learning about the local education system
- Ideally, experience of market research methods (particularly qualitative) acquired through working for a market research agency/consultancy or client-side as part of the
organisation’s consumer insight team
This is an entry level position, but previous relevant experience is welcome and will be taken into account in salary negotiations.
Interested applicants should submit their CV quoting reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org