We are looking to appoint a Head of Media for our Head Office in San Fernando de Henares, Madrid.
Reporting to the Head of Design, the successful candidate will be in charge to manage the area of multimedia resources in an efficient way, with a view to cutting costs and time taken for editorial processes.Responsible for the asset management system (DAM).
- Oversee the management of all aspects of the image creation process both moving and still to meet customer and market requirements and to fulfil the brief supplied by Content Editorial teams.
- Create and maintain the catalogue of existing media providers OUPE ensuring optimization rates and times, while that meet the quality requirements for each asset.
- Plan and manage budgets and people resources in order to deliver the publishing plan, maximizing its profitability and effectiveness.
- Advise on and ensure OUP’s legal obligations are met with regard to data security and media rights management for all products. Identify risks and mitigate them in consultation with the Compliance and Legal teams.
- Run tasks and established methods for identifying digital assets, the application of taxonomy and metadata, acceptance file system (DAM or alternative system), storage, retrieval, re-purpose and recombination, distribution and redistribution.
- Collaborate with the Head of Design to establish and review all systems, processes and practices that will facilitate all aspects of the publishing process, making recommendations to promote efficiencies and support digital-first initiatives. Collaborate with colleagues to ensure that materials are planned and created according to best practice.
- Market research on all aspects of media image creation at various stages of product development to ensure a customer-focused user experience and interface for integrated solutions, both print and digital, which differentiates OUP from competitors.
- Oversee line reports to ensure that project schedules are set and maintained and best-practice project management principles are applied. Identify, manage and communicate any risks to project delivery.
- Recruit, train, motivate, appraise and develop people to ensure efficient and effective publishing. Actively manage performance in line with performance frameworks, ensuring that poor performance is addressed and that high-performing individuals are developed to achieve their maximum potential. Understand the skills, interests and knowledge contained within the teams and develop them to meet current and future needs of the Design department
- Degree in Design, illustration, film or equivalent.
- Significant experience of professional art editing of still or moving image assets in a publishing environment.
- Knowledge of relevant copyright and licensing law.
- Knowledge of all areas of video production, including production and post-production preferable.
- Significant experience at management level, including recruiting, leading, managing and training people.
- Significant experience in outsourcing, including negotiating fees and planning and managing budgets.
- Experience in creating digital product and an understanding of XML, HTML5, CSS preferable.
- Experience in presenting ideas to large groups.
- Experience of change management in a publishing environment.
- Proficiency level of both, English and Spanish, is also mandatory.
- Preferable: working knowledge of Adobe CC, MS Office, After Effects and Video Editing applications.
Interested applicants should submit their CV quoting reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org