Key responsibilities include:
- Executes a range of tasks in line with agreed agile software development methodology (Kanban, SCRUM, SAFe)
Develop specialist knowledge in relevant technologies, programming languages, tools, techniques and apply expertise and knowledge to deliver effective solutions.
Share expertise and provide technical advice and guidance to other members of the team.
Implement standard global processes, tools, metrics, measurement, and reporting.
Identify opportunities for improvement in software development processes.
Pro-actively demonstrate required behaviours in line with expectations of the role.
- Application development across the full lifecycle.
- Build reusable UI components, front-end open APIs and integration APIs with 3rd parties.
- Produce well designed, testable, efficient code or configuration in a timely manner to meet delivery timescales / milestones / sprints.
- Produce feature specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Prepare estimates for development activities.
- Tailor and deploy continuous delivery software tools, processes and metrics.
- Perform unit and component testing, and support functional and non-functional unit testing.
- Own issues; drive and address open questions and follow-ups until all clarified and resolved.
- Support code or configuration deployment to enable efficient and accurate implementations.
Essential skills and experience:
- At least 4 years of experience in responsive web user interface development: HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, Sass/LESS
- Exposure to fundamental web technologies such as Ajax, HTTP, Proxy Caching, REST and XML/JSON exchange formats.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience developing UIs with ReactJS and Redux.
- At least 2 years of experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and middleware with NodeJS, using ExpressJS or similar.
- Familiar with core database technologies, both relational (MySQL, Oracle, Amazon RDS) and non-relational (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis).
- Working knowledge of Linux command line.
- Work experience in collaborative high-speed agile environments (SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe), using tools such as:
- Version control: GIT, SVN
- Continuous integration tools: Jenkins or similar
- Automated testing: Jest, Jasmine, Enzyme, Qunit, Mocha, Chai, Karma, Selenium.
- Web development tools: Babel, Webpack, npm, yarn
- English: medium-high:
- Minimum certification level: B2. Oxford Test of English, Cambridge First Certificate in English or similar B2 certification.
- Fluent communication when speaking and writing in English.
- Java/J2EE development experience.
- Exposure to Liferay web CMS.
- Experience with identity protocols such as CAS, SAML, oAuth2.0, Shibboleth, JWT
- Mobile UI development with React Native.
- Experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with AWS environments, like AWS API Gateway and AWS Lambda.
Interested applicants should submit their CV quoting reference to: email@example.com