Technical data /Description
Starting from research showing that reading for pleasure helps learners improve their English, this book explains the substantial value of extensive reading in any language programme.
- Bringing extensive reading into the classroom is a practical guide to help teachers understand what extensive reading is, the benefits it can bring to learners, and how to introduce it to the class.
- It shows different approaches, focusing on:
- The importance of extensive free reading.
- How extensive reading materials are developed and how to choose the right graded readers for the class.
- Introducing and exploiting class readers.
- Developing class libraries.
- Setting up and running reading circles.
- In addition, four extensive reading case studies describe projects in a range of learning environments.
- Each chapter has been written by an acknowledged expert in the field of extensive reading.