English for Primary Teachers
Mary Slattery & Jane Willis
Technical data /Description
A handbook of activities and classroom language for primary teachers.
- The book aims to build teachers' confidence in their ability to use spoken English effectively, at the same time as providing advice and techniques for primary English teachers.
- It is written in an accessible, easy-to-follow style and encourages a positive attitude towards using English in the primary classroom.
- The content of the syllabus is derived largely from English lessons recorded by around 20 different teachers in different countries, to show that the examples and expressions used are real ones that are used by primary teachers the world over.
- The Language Study syllabus is graded, beginning in Unit 1 with very basic classroom instructions within a typical lesson framework, going on to more specific language relevant to particular activity types, and later to longer stretches of English, such as storytelling.
- A free CD gives examples of classroom language from real classrooms, with pronunciation exercises.
For the teacher
- English for Primary Teachers
For the teacher:
- English for Primary Teachers: 9780194375627
- Unit 1, Pronunciation Point
- Unit 1, 1B, Greetings
- Unit 1, 1C, A Questions of Routine
- Unit 1, 1D, Calling the Roll in English
- Unit 1, 1E, Staring with a Song
- Unit 1, 1F, Arranging the Classroom
- Unit 1, 1G, Changing from One Activity to Another
- Unit 1, 1H, Asking and Giving Permission
- Unit 3, Pronunciation Point