Oxford Student's Dictionary
Technical data /Description
A new third edition, now with over 2,600 more curricular words and more support to help students use English to study other subjects (biology, history, mathematics, geography, art, music, etc.).
Recommended for CLIL and bilingual or vocational schools and for students preparing for international exams. New for this edition:
- Collocations boxes show how to talk and write about topics (e.g. art, describing trends, the legal system, health).
- Thesaurus boxes show how to expand your vocabulary using synonyms (mention, refer to, cite, quote, allude to).
- Oxford 3000™ - shows the words students need to know in English.
- All words from the Academic Word List are clearly marked to help with academic writing.
- 48 reference pages support academic writing and improve study skills.
- Hundreds of diagrams and illustrations help to describe scientific and technical processes.
This edition includes a new CD-ROM which allows students to search the complete Oxford Student's Dictionary as well as the Oxford Learner's Wordfinder Dictionary.
For the student
- Oxford Student’s Dictionary Paperback
- Oxford Student’s Dictionary Paperback with CD-ROM