Oxford English for Careers
English for Specific Purposes
A new, up-to-date series of courses where students learn the English they need for a career in commerce, tourism, nursing, medicine, or technology.
- Oxford English for Careers is a series which prepares pre-work students for starting their career.
- Each book is vocation-specific, which means students get all the language, information, and skills they need for their chosen career.
- Additional activities and tests in the Teacher's Resource Book make the course suitable for mixed-ability classes.
- The series supports teachers in vocational teaching situations, providing them with specialist background information for each industry or profession.
- Project work in the Student's Book, additional activities on the Student's Site, and a Key words list of essential vocabulary at the end of every unit provide extra opportunities for revision.
- Listening, reading, speaking, and writing activities throughout the course give realistic and communicative practice of the language skills needed at work.
- Finance gives students the language, information, and skills they will need for a career in this sector, and the preparation required to pass the ICFE exam.
- Oil and Gas provides knowledge to practical situations such as workshop operations, repairs and maintenance, production and distribution, and project management.
- Commerce provides students with English for a wide range of business situations and develops their telephone and communication skills.
- Nursing presents students with English from a variety of nursing fields, develops their communication skills, and provides background information in major medical and care concepts.
- Medicine has been designed to help students communicate accurately in English with patients and colleagues. It is also suitable for doctors and other health professionals who plan to work in English-speaking countries.
- Tourism develops everything students need to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues, whether working in an administrative or managerial role.
- Technology presents students with English from a variety of technological fields and situations, such as manufacturing, transport, and medical technology.
For the studentFor the teacher
- Teacher’s Resource Book
- Audio CD