Provides simple, practical language for trainees in the hospitality and catering industry who need English to deal with customers and colleagues, from taking reservations to giving explanations and instructions.
- This new edition of Highly Recommended has been completely revised to take account of innovations and changing practices within the sector.
- The two-level course provides the English needed for dealing with customers and colleagues in a variety of hotel and restaurant situations, such as taking bookings, checking guests in and out, dealing with enquiries and complaints, or taking payments.
- It offers a straightforward approach to developing oral skills, including more listening and speaking practice, an extended real-world activity at the end of each unit, a Language review section with ‘Test yourself’ exercises, and a multilingual wordlist of vocabulary.
- Topics reflect the real contexts trainees will encounter in their working lives.
- Clear focus on key functional expressions and topic-related vocabulary.
- Two listening sections with accompanying tasks in every unit.
- Activity section in each unit involving real-world communicative tasks and functional English.
- Language review sections to check students’ development and progress.