Oxford Academic Vocabulary Practice
English for Academic Purposes
The academic vocabulary covered by the series is sourced from the Academic Word List, and the Oxford Corpus of Academic English. The Corpus is an 85-million-word corpus of academic sources, developed by Oxford University Press.
- Vocabulary practice activities help students learn the key words they need to use when studying any academic subject in English at university level.
- Authentic academic texts and student essays show how the words are used in academic writing.
- Activities to improve writing in key areas such as evaluating ideas, explaining concepts and expressing opinions.
- A 650-word glossary with definitions and phonetics for all keywords, plus appendices on collocations, affixes and dependent prepositions give further information to use words correctly.
- Complete answer key to all exercises for self-study
For the studentFor the teacher
Discover all the resources available online for this title by logging into your Oxford account.Enter