Mark Irvine and Marion Cadman
Technical data /Description
A thorough and practical course for students aiming to work in a commercial environment, designed for pre-experienced students in full-time vocational training or for mature students who are retraining.
- The course focuses on the key language and communication skills needed in the workplace, with practice in commercial correspondence and telephoning.
- The approach is skills-based, with emphasis in the Student's Book on listening and speaking. The Workbook concentrates more on reading and writing tasks.
- The grammar syllabus is practical and thorough. Language points are clarified in grammar boxes within the units, which are linked to more detailed language presentation in a Grammar Reference section at the back of the Student's Book.
- The consistent unit structure, clear layout and signposting make the course very easy to use.
- All 13 units follow the same format: integrated reading and listening activities; practice in reading and producing commercial correspondence and activities to develop telephoning skills.
- A lively storyline about four young people who go into business together reflects students' experiences as they learn about the commercial world.